Skin Cancer Treatment
One in five Americans is projected to develop skin cancer. More than 8,500 people in the United States are diagnosed every day with a type of skin cancer, making the disease one of the more common cancers in the country. At Brian J. Williams, M.D., P.C. Dermatology, we provide treatment for skin cancer in Salt Lake City and the surrounding areas. We address the three major types of skin cancer:
- Basal Cell Carcinoma – This is the most common of the three and accounts for more than 90% of diagnosed skin cancers in America. The condition develops slowly and only rarely spreads to other areas of the body.
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma – Unlike Basal Cell Carcinoma, this spreads to the vital organs, making it a more serious condition. The cancer is found commonly in areas exposed to the sun, such as the ears, face, neck, and back of the hands, but it may also develop in other areas of the body. In less common cases, this type of skin cancer may form around the genital area.
- Melanoma – This develops from the pigment-making cells of the skin (melanocytes). This type of skin cancer is less common than the other two, but it spreads more quickly when left untreated.
We offer various skin cancer treatments in Salt Lake City and surrounding areas, depending on the type of cancer, size, and location.
Our skin cancer treatments include:
- Surgical Excision – This procedure entails removing the cancer, along with a margin of clear skin to make sure that the cancer cells are completely removed.
- Electrodessication and Curettage – This minimally invasive procedure involves scraping off the cancer cells and burning off the base of these cells.
- Mohs Micrographic Surgery – We use this method for cancers in critical locations.
Let our premier skin care center help you get your good health back. Call us now and schedule an appointment so we can start your treatment immediately.